[Intended use]: Used for clinical suction secretions, compatible with all modes of ventilation. Transparent sleeve helps reduce cross contamination.
Suction catheter consists of 21 components, intubation connector, breathing circuit connector, suction control valve, vacuum control valve, suction catheter and protective sleeve, etc.
1. Choose the appropriate specification according to clinical needs, 600mm length is used with Endotracheal tube and 450mm length is used with Tracheostomy tube. Check whether the package is complete. If the package is damaged, do not use it.
2. Tear open the package to check whether the product in the package is in a sound and good condition, please note sterile operation.
3. Turn on the vacuum regulator and adjust the pressure as appropriate. Then turn off the protective cap and connect the machine end to the vacuum tubing, and connect the patient end to tracheal tube and breathing circuit.
4. Before suctioning commences, ensure that the suction control valve and the irrigation ports is closed. When suction operation, open the suction control valve, then grip the four-way valve in one hand and with the other hand feed slowly the suction catheter into the tracheal tube until the required depth by observing the tube scale.
5. Once the suction catheter is in the desired depth depress the vacuum control valve to apply suction. (If the patient has tenacious secretions, sterile 0.9% NaCl may be instilled by the irrigation port prior to suctioning to facilitate loosening and removal of the secretions.).
6. After suctioning, remove suction catheter until the protective sleeve is straight and close the suction control valve.
7. It is possible that repeat the suctioning procedure，until secretions are cleared from the airway and breath sounds are improved. But ensure stable vital signs prior to reinsertion of the catheter.
8. When close the suction control valve and open the protective cap, rinse the suction tubing in water after the procedure to prevent clogging of the vacuum apparatus.
There are no absolute contraindications at present.
[Precautions and Warnings]:
1. The product has been sterilized with ethylene oxide, valid for five years.
2. For use once only and destroy it after use.
3. Before use, please check the package, if damaged, please ban.
4. Lot No. and expiry date as shown in the package.
5. Please note the sterile operation.
6. Please strictly follow the relevant operational procedures and do not operate in breach of procedures. And only for the use of professionals.
7. After the operation, conduct the nursing carefully to avoid any complication.
8. Observe the patient’s vital signs and complexion, lip color in the process of sputum suction, if there is abnormal, please handle in time.
9. When without suction operation, suction catheter should be placed in the correct position, then close the suction control valve in case of damaged.
1. Keep the product dry and store in clean conditions, avoiding high temperature, humidity and direct sunlight.
2. The product should be far away fire, heat source and corrosive gas, and please pay attention to good ventilation, and the relative humidity should be not more than 80%.